Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yaks

Two days since I've blogged. Two days. In my mind, I can see my journalism professor checking me off his list of students. On his website, there is a quote. "Go big or go home, because failure is an option." I need to start going big, because I sure as hell am not going home.

Even though I haven't written here, I've still been busy with the writing process. For example, I am in the planning phases of a very important paper that is due on Tuesday. I am trying to decide between writing about Druid rituals in modern times and the practices of Tibetan yak herders. Needless to say, it is not going well.

I have gulped down and peed out 48 ounces of tea, and my neurons still are not firing at full capacity. I think I'll end up going with the yak idea, because I know that no one else in my class will write about it. Which means mine will be unique and daring. And will bag me an A. (If this world has any justice, that is.)

On top of this, I have another Spanish quiz to study for. I need a repeat performance of last week, preferably without the six hours of studying. It seems like my happiness revolves around my academic performance. Which is a boon to my GPA, but not to my stress levels and sanity.

Anyway, enough for now. I will hopefully write the post I've been meaning to write here over the next couple days, the one that's hopefully going to make you sad. It's coming, I promise.

Excuse me, I have yaks to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment